Generally, warranty claims fall into one of the three categories:
- In House – A Berks Homes warranty technician will evaluate and address your claim.
- Trade Contractor – A technician from the appropriate trade will evaluate and address your claim. This includes electrical issues, plumbing issues, HVAC issues, and appliance issues.
- Homeowner Maintenance – Issues to be addressed by a homeowner. But don’t worry, if you need assistance, contact Berks Homes and we will review the maintenance steps with you and offer informational assistance.
To report an In-House Claim too urgent to wait for the regular Evaluation time frames:
- Contact the Berks Homes Warranty Department at 1-877-856-6267 Ext. 4 during normal business hours between 7am-4pm. We will issue a work order to our technician who will contact you to schedule a time to evaluate the issue.
To report a Trade-Contractor Claim at any time during your warranty period:
- Contact the appropriate contractor found on your trade list during normal business hours. Please have your model number, serial number, settlement date, and description of problem handy when reporting an appliance issue to the Appliance Supplier or Manufacturer.
- AND call or email Berks Homes to report the problem & which vendor you contacted. This will help us to track the call and stay on top of the repairs needed.
In the event of an emergency after normal business hours, contact Berks Homes at 1-877-856-6267 Ext. 8 and leave a voicemail with a description of the issue and a technician will contact you as soon as possible. IF the issue requires a Trade Contractor, contact the appropriate contractor BEFORE leaving a message with Berks Homes.