Hashtag Trending..."Wood" Flooring
Hashtag Trending is a series where we highlight trends in the building industry: where they came from, why people are loving them, and how Berks Homes is on board.
Who doesn’t love a nice hardwood floor?It looks fancy, feels sturdy, and is so much easier to clean than carpet.
But ya know what else is true about hardwood floors? You pay a lil extra for that natural beauty and they make you work harder to keep them looking good. (But if you like what you like and hardwood is where your heart is, we have options for that too!)
More and more, we’ve seen people opt for something other than real hardwood floors. Mostly because they just feel like more work than they are worth. But some brilliant person out there came up with a solution: “wood-look” flooring called Engineered Vinyl Plank. We use the quotes because it’s not made of wood at all. It’s a whole new product that looks and feels like wood, but is better in almost every other way:
1. It’s quiet … These floors don’t give you that class “thud” that you get when you walk on real wood. It’s so much lighter that there isn’t as much impact when a foot hits it.
2. It’s so, so easy to clean … First, you can use water. Second, you don’t need a special product. Whatever you use for your other surfaces in your home will be perfectly safe and sufficient.
3. It’s cheap … Hallelujah! You get the luxury look without the luxury price. (Think up to 75% cheaper than what you would pay for authentic hardwood floors.)
4. It’s easy to install and comes with a lifetime warranty … No more calling a contractor when you need to install something. And if you do need to replace something? It’ll be FREE because of the lifetime warranty.
5. It doesn’t scratch! … What?! You heard us. Babies, dogs, shoes: give it your best shot, these bad boys won’t succumb to the normal wear and tear in life.
*We have seen this trend explode in the past year and now offer Engineered Vinyl Plank as an option for every single community we sell.*
The post Hashtag Trending..."Wood" Flooring appeared first on Berks Homes.