Build ProcessTrending Topics
Let's Talk About Sherwin Williams!
Selection Gallery Series
A multi-part series introducing our First-Class Selection Gallery. In this series you will be introduced to our Selection Galleries and learn about our staff and the products we are proud to install in our Berks Homes.
What’s next in our Selection Gallery Series? Let’s talk about SHERWIN WILLIAMS PAINT
Part 12 – SHERWIN WILLIAMS
Many times, we are asked “what paint do you use?”. I’m not only sharing WHAT paint we use, BUT I’m also going to share WHY we use this paint!
Sherwin Williams, a global leader in paints and coatings has been bringing color to the world for more than 150 years, founded in 1866 by Henry Sherwin and Edward Williams. Sherwin Williams is one of the industry’s most recognized portfolios of branded and private label products throughout the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America.
What sets Sherwin Williams apart from other companies? That’s not easily put into one blog; It would be more of a book, so let’s focus on what I see as important to know about the company itself!
- Driven by the desire to help their customers grown their business and achieve greater success
- Innovation - They prioritize staying on top of trends, engaging customers to gain valuable insight into their challenges and keeping a keen eye on emerging technology across the globe. This ensures that the quality of paint is first-rate
- Sustainability - They reflect this in their core values, and it is embedded in their culture and business practices. They take a holistic approach, integrating sustainability into their worldwide business operations, while driving focus in the areas of Climate and Carbon, Product Stewardship, Life Cycle Assessment, Occupational Health and Safety and Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement
- Environmental Footprint - They do their best for the planet, by make a commitment to reducing carbon emissions, energy use and waste while expanding the sourcing of renewable energy and recycling methods
- Product Footprint - Working to further define and extend their portfolio of "sustainably advantaged products". Focusing on providing world-class products in a safe and reasonable manner
- Doing their part to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, increasing energy efficiency and use of renewable energy, minimizing waste and accelerating development of "sustainably advantaged products"
- Social Imprint - Create a culture of inclusion, diversity and equity among their employee base and are supportive and active in the communities in which they live and work
- Some most recent awards
- Received the highest score among paint retailers, exterior paints,
exterior stains and interior paints in the J.D. Power 2020
Paint Satisfaction Study of customer satisfaction
- Newsweek: America's Most Responsible Companies 2022 and 2021
- ICIS Company of the Year
- KPMG: U.S. Customer Experience Top 100
- Fast Company: World Changing Ideas - Corporate Social Responsibility
- Fast Company: World Changing Ideas - Consumer Products 2020
- Wall Street Journal - 250 Best Managed Companies of 2021
- Fortune 500 Company Ranking
- The Hollywood sign and the Golden Gate Bridge were painted using Sherwin Williams paint
- In 1941 - One of their Engineers invented the paint roller! There was a war-time shortage of pig's bristle, which was imported from China, but since Japan had blockaded that country, the crucial component was not available any longer. A short-term solution, became a revolutionary new product used in many homes today
I learned a lot about Sherwin Williams while writing this and my confidence that we have partnered with the perfect company and product for our Berks Homes was solidified beyond what I already realized. I hope this has done the same for you!
Walls at our Dickinson Place model home painted in Sherwin Williams – Functional Gray
If you would like more information on a Berks Home please check out our website, feel free to give us a call at 484.772.2693 or better yet, stop out to one of our model homes throughout our communities.